I can't explain it too well, but I can feel it.
One week... that is how much longer I have until I board the plane to live in Europe for three and a half months. I have been dreaming, preparing, and talking about it for so long and I can't believe it is almost here. It feels so real now.
As I think about what is coming, the word that keeps coming to mind is change. Hopefully, that means change for good, but I know it is a change of some sort.
Maybe it is because I have never been away from my family for this long... three and a half months. Maybe because I have never had to speak Spanish for this long. Maybe because I have never been to Europe before. Maybe because I am going to be so far away from the friends I've laughed and cried with for two years.
All I know is that I will be in an unfamiliar, yet exciting place, with so much to do and see. Although I will try some great food and meet cool people, I really hope to see the glory of my wonderful Creator in everything and come back even more satisfied in Him.
I know there is change involved in my God's plans for me, but I am trusting that it is a change for good. If there is one thing that I have learned this summer, it is that "no matter what, God is always good".
Kthanxbai!
Popular Posts
-
Hola! I'm back! I took a week off from writing as I was getting sick... I seem to be taking breaks when sick. That's been good......
-
Hey! I hope you are doing well! This week's question is: If you could time travel, would you rather travel to the past or to the fut...
-
Planes are so cool. For real. They are huge! They hold at least 200 people. They are giant flying vehicles that glide through the clouds! I...
-
I miss Bama Wesley. I miss being there almost every day, laughing about random things and crying about the hard times. I miss having game ...
-
This weekend was awesome, but by Sunday, I was ready to get back to Toledo. I wanted to be able to do laundry, take a nap, see my roommates...
-
The beginning of teaching English and Spanish classes has been so precious. So sweet. I have students who are all very eager to learn ...
-
Five years ago, I lived in Toledo, Spain for three months. Five days ago, I arrived in Torremolinos, Spain, to teach English and Spanis...
-
So, I skipped a week of blogging because I was sick for the weekend. Despite being sick, missing out on some fun things, and falling beh...
-
Hello! This week's question is one of this/ that. Pumpkin spice or apple cinnamon? It's a hard one for me... both? Is that an op...
-
Yesterday, I heard a knock on our door. Two friends were at the door and handed me a chocolate bar. "This is for you," Kamila sa...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment