Popular Posts

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Five Years Later

    Five years ago, I lived in Toledo, Spain for three months. Five days ago, I arrived in Torremolinos, Spain, to teach English and Spanish classes. It has certainly been a crazy time getting settled and meeting new people. I'm still adjusting, planning, and settling in, so I'm going to keep this one a shorter post. But, I promise that I'll give more details of the first week. I have already seen God's goodness in many ways this week, so there are some good things to share very soon. For now, here are some pictures from Saturday and Sunday.

My sweet mama and nana took me to the airport. : ) I'm going to miss them. 


The first plane ride together! 



And we survived the 7 hour flight to Amsterdam! Despite barely getting any sleep... 


The Amsterdam airport has a library! So cool! 


Most of the books are in Dutch. There was a cool interactive station where you can learn a little bit of Dutch. A storybook was translated into multiple languages!



City lights out the window. 

A pretty sunset at the airport! 

We had tapas with our friends in Mijas, a town close to Torremolinos. I think the Bacalao (cod) a la Portuguesa and the meatballs were my favorite!

The view of the mountain in Mijas from where we parked.

There you have it! Pictures from the very beginning of this new adventure. I am very excited to see what God has planned for me, my students, and this team, especially since I've already been amazed me him this far. I hope you can stay updated here to found out more! 

~Kthnxbai!



1 comment: